SFC launches new TV Ad
18 Jan 2009
The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) launched a new television investor education advert -“Ask Me”- at today’s prize presentation of the Final Challenge of the Investment Triathlon.
The TV advert, based on the popular Cantonese song “Ask Me”, aims to encourage investors to “Be Smart”, and “Ask First” before investing (Note 1).
As part of the SFC’s year-long multi-media investor education campaign, the latest TV advert will be broadcast on various TV and radio stations as well as online from tomorrow (19 January).
“In today’s volatile market, it is even more important for investors to do their homework and ask the right questions before investing. Our new TV advert, together with many other investor education initiatives - such as this Investment Triathlon - are designed to re-inforce this message,” said the SFC’s Chairman Mr Eddy Fong at the prize presentation ceremony.
The Investment Triathlon, a repeat of the very successful cross-media financial knowledge quiz launched last year, attracted over 500 entries when it kicked off in early October. After two rounds of competitions, eight finalists competed at today’s final round (Note 2).
The champion Mr Mok Yu Chiu took home a cash prize of HK$30,000, with the first runner-up, Mr Wong Ning Yiu, and second runner-up, Mr Kan Yiu Lun, receiving HK$10,000 and HK$5,000 respectively (Note 3).
The SFC is grateful for the support of the media, an important source of information and knowledge for many investors, and for the support of all organisations and individuals participating in this event (Note 4).
Cable TV will air an edited version of the event (Note 5).
1. The new TV advert “Ask Me” is available at the SFC’s investor portal www.InvestEd.hk. The TV advert has a 30-second version and a 60-second version with either Chinese or English subtitles. The original song was composed by Mr Michael Lai in the 1970s.
2. For more details of the Investment Triathlon, please see SFC press releases dated 10 October 2008 and 7 November 2008.
3. Enclosed are two photographs of the prize presentation ceremony. Photograph one: Mr Eddy Fong, Chairman of the SFC, and Mr Henry Law, Executive Vice President and Head of Corporate Communications of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd (HKEx), present the champion, Mr Mok Yu Chiu, with a trophy and a cash cheque of $30,000. Photograph two: Mr Eddy Fong with all the winners, prize sponsors, media partners, and adjudicators at the Second Investment Triathlon: Final Challenge.
4. HKEx, The Hong Kong Institute of Directors, Hong Kong Stockbrokers Association Ltd and the Institute of Securities Dealers sponsored the prizes of the champion, first runner-up and second runner-up. The eight finalists will also be invited to a dinner with Mr Arthur Shek of the Hong Kong Economic Times (HKET). The Institute of Financial Planners of Hong Kong Ltd and The Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts Ltd are the supporting organisations. Cable TV, Radio Television Hong Kong and the HKET are the media partners.
5. Cable TV’s Finance Info Channel (Channel 8) will air the event at 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm tonight.
Page last updated : 1 Aug 2012