We seek to take environmental issues into account when carrying out our day-to-day operations. We embrace the four Rs—Reduce, Reuse, Repair and Recycle.
While our operations do not have a direct and obvious impact on the environment, we have launched a number of initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint and raise awareness of environment protection among staff and stakeholders.
In keeping with our internal protocol, “A Guide to Working “Green” at the SFC”, we have implemented in-house policies to minimise waste and to promote an environment-friendly culture:
- Waste management: from separating waste before disposal to reducing usage
- Conservation: from switching off electrical appliances after use to using energy-saving devices
- Office supplies: where practical, purchasing environment-friendly office supplies
- Suppliers: requesting major suppliers to advise us on their environmental policies. We give preference to vendors who are environmentally conscious in their business processes and activities.
Besides being environmentally conscious in our daily operations, we also raise staff's awareness of responsible, green living and promote civic-mindedness among employees. For instance, we:
- proactively engage in the community's environmental causes;
- partner with outside experts or like-minded organisations; and
- incorporate a green element into our community services.
We introduced a number of initiatives at the market level to raise the industry’s operational efficiency and minimise its resource consumption, including:
- the launch of the SFC Online Portal which allows electronic submissions of licensing applications, notifications, annual returns and payments;
- replacement of paper submissions of financial returns with an electronic financial return system; and
- the start of the Mixed Media Offer process in collaboration with Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited, allowing listing applicants to issue paper application forms together with electronic listing documents.