The mission of the division is to uphold the integrity of the Hong Kong markets by deterring unlawful or improper activities through effective surveillance and enforcement.
What we do:
- Enforce the Securities and Futures Ordinance
- Discipline dishonest regulated intermediaries/ who are in breach of our rules
- Monitor the trading of Hong Kong's stock and derivative markets and inquire into irregularities
- Inspect books and records of listed companies if impropriety is suspected
- Report suspected market misconduct to the Financial Secretary
- Co-operate with domestic and overseas regulatory bodies in local and overseas investigations