The SFC has been at the forefront of efforts to develop an effective regulatory framework for sustainable finance with a view to supporting Hong Kong’s role as an international sustainable finance centre. In line with the SFC's sustainable finance initiatives, a new Internship Programme will be introduced. This programme aims to:
- Contribute to Hong Kong's overall ESG capacity building and professional skills development; and
- Support the career development of university students who have an interest in sustainable finance by providing them with exposure to policy setting and implementation.
Students will gain valuable insight into the day-to-day operations of the SFC as well as on-the-job experience during the 4 - 8 week internship. You can click here for details about the programme.
- Exposure to policy development and implementation
- Tailored training programmes
- Regular opportunities for networking and attending meetings
- Participation in Corporate and Social Responsibility related activities
You will have the opportunity to
- Support local and international policy setting work including Hong Kong’s sustainability and climate reporting initiatives and carbon market development
- Research on international climate and sustainability policies and initiatives, carbon removal / reduction projects and global carbon markets
- Assist with the vetting of ESG related product applications
- Undergraduates, preferably in their penultimate year of study, majoring in Law, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, Information Technology or other environmental- or sustainability-related disciplines.
- With strong interest to gain knowledge & experience in sustainable finance.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Proficient in PC applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please click here to submit your application online on or before 26 October 2022.
Applicants not being contacted within two months from the close of application may consider their application unsuccessful.
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorized personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. All information relating to unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed within six months.