The list contains the following information:
- Investment products' offering documents that have been authorised by the SFC for issuance under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO) or for registration under the Companies (Winding Up and Miscellaneous Provisions) Ordinance (which was known as Companies Ordinance prior to 3 March 2014); and
- Particulars of exemptions granted by the SFC for shares or debentures offered on or after 1 July 2004 under the relevant provisions of the Companies (Winding Up and Miscellaneous Provisions) Ordinance (which was known as Companies Ordinance prior to 3 March 2014).
Please note that where unlisted shares or debentures are concerned, information is available only for products offered on or after 1 July 2004.
Click below to view the list by product type:
- Unit trusts and mutual funds
- Investment-linked assurance schemes
- Structured investment products
- Mandatory provident funds
- Pooled retirement funds
- Paper gold schemes
- Exchange-traded funds
- Leveraged and inverse products
- Real estate investment trusts
- Closed-ended funds
Listed and unlisted shares and debentures
Points to note
Information posted on the list is compiled on a best-effort basis. The offering documents are provided by the issuers and they are for your information only. We have not independently verified the documents and will not be responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy. In addition, the SFC reserves the right to omit or suspend any material submitted.
You can contact the relevant product issuers or distributors for the latest version of the offering documents.
Any SFC-authorised unit trust / mutual fund / investment-linked assurance scheme that does not have a product key facts statement shall not continue to be marketed to the public in Hong Kong. Product issuers may decide for other reasons whether and when an SFC-authorised product is open or closed for subscription. In case of doubt, investors should consult their intermediaries or the relevant product issuers.
The list of investment products may not always contain the most up-to-date information about investment products for which offering documents have been authorised. You may wish to contact us at email@example.com if you cannot find a certain product on the list.
If you would like to learn more about the mechanics of different investment products, please visit the website of the Investor and Financial Education Council.
Latest updates on the authorisation and withdrawal of the authorisation of investment products under the SFO:
- Investment products authorised under section 104 of the SFO during September 2021
- Investment products deauthorised under section 106 of the SFO during September 2021
Last update: 15 Oct 2021