Welcome to the Fintech Contact Point
The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) has established the Fintech Contact Point to enhance communication with businesses involved in the development and application of financial technology (Fintech) in Hong Kong. The Fintech Contact Point is operated by the Risk and Strategy Unit of the CEO's Office.
The purpose of the Fintech Contact Point is to facilitate the Fintech community's understanding of the current regulatory regime, and to enable the SFC to stay abreast of the development of Fintech in Hong Kong. Below is a non-exhaustive list of Fintech sub-sectors that are of interest to the SFC:
- Automated trading systems, including those driven by algorithms;
- Financial product investment and distribution platforms, including robo-advisors and fund distribution platforms;
- Financing platforms, including peer-to-peer lending and equity crowdfunding platforms that offer securities or collective investment schemes;
- Distributed ledger technology, including application of blockchain to licensed intermediaries, securities and capital markets;
- Big data, data analytics and artificial intelligence to support front and back office operations of licensed intermediaries;
- Compliance, risk, and regulatory technologies, including technologies that support regulatory compliance, regulatory reporting and know-your-client; and
- Cyber and data security technologies, including secure client authentication technologies.
The Fintech Contact Point looks forward to working with market participants on the development of Fintech in Hong Kong.