Intermediaries Supervision Department is seeking a high calibre candidate to join as a Manager to support its challenging profile of work.
Reporting to a Senior Manager / Associate Director, you will be part of a team supervising intermediaries with a focus on their business conduct, financial and operational risks. In return, Managers can expect to be delegated a wide range of demanding responsibilities, with the opportunity to gain exposure to topical regulatory issues across traditional and fintech business sectors, including virtual assets and the use of artificial intelligence / machine learning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the business conduct, financial and operational risk of intermediaries such as hedge fund managers, mutual fund managers, virtual asset fund managers, retail brokers and credit rating agencies;
- Proactively identify market-wide, industry and firm-specific risk issues and assess their impact on intermediaries;
- Monitor global and local financial market dynamics and gather market intelligence from intermediaries, especially during major market stress events, and contribute to the assessment of local and global sectoral risks;
- Monitor global as well as local policy, industry and market developments to assess intermediaries’ practices and operational controls with respect to new products or activities; and
- Support the SFC’s participation in global and local policy developments, financial reform initiatives and supervisory priorities at the Financial Stability Board and IOSCO.
A Manager with relevant expertise may also have the opportunity to participate in project work relating to virtual asset trading platform operators.
- Have at least 7 years of compliance or control experience;
- Industry experience acquired in top tier financial institutions, preferably across both the buy and sell side;
- Strong working knowledge of the business operations, risk management and internal controls of at least one type of intermediary listed under “Key Responsibilities” paragraph 1;
- Finance knowledge supported by relevant academic and/or professional qualifications (such as CFA, FRM);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Intellectually curious and able to conduct independent research, ask probing questions and listen effectively;
- Strong command of written and spoken English;
- Able to articulate and present arguments and analysis confidently, clearly and concisely;
- Capable of taking the initiative to manage and deliver tasks on time with limited supervision; and
- Well organized and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Knowledge of SFC rules and regulations applicable to intermediaries;
- Working knowledge of the technologies and the associated risks behind fintech businesses, including cryptography, distributed ledger technology and artificial intelligence / machine learning;
- Working knowledge of trading strategies and/or trading risk management across multiple asset classes, including virtual assets and OTC derivatives.
- Flexible and adaptable, capable of assimilating new information rapidly and applying it to novel situations; and
- Strong command of written and spoken Mandarin.
Please quote the reference and apply by 3 December 2021 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.