With the growth in demand on market data surveillance, the SFC is now seeking expertise in this area to meet business demands and the continual support and maintenance of our market data platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist or lead in all phases of development including design, development/configuration, testing, debugging, implementation and support of business centric SMARTS based analytic solutions.
- To conduct data analysis in support of a variety of analytical solutions.
- To monitor and ensure the surveillance platform are up and running during market operating hour/EOD.
- To train, support and lead business users for their self-developed SMARTS solutions.
- To management vendors output during project lifecycle and conduct contract negotiation with vendors and management.
To be successful in this role:
- University graduate in IT related fields with demonstrated ability to develop creative IT solutions.
- Applicants should have at least 6 years solid experience in the IT industry
- Hands-on experience on all or part of the following Java development tools:
- J2EE multi-tier / Microservices architecture
- Spring Boot / Security / MVC / Webflow
- Spring Data / MyBatis / JPA
- React JS / Redux / Ant Design
- Oracle RAC and PL/SQL Programming
- OpenAPI and SOA (Web Services, Axis)
- Experience in Jenkins is a must
- Excellent problem solving and data analytic skills.
- Candidate without SMARTS platform experience will be provided with on-the-job training.
- Strong understanding using technology when extracting deep data, demonstrated analysis experience, having worked with large data sets through statistical software such as SAS and Excel is highly desired.
- Experience with other Market Data Surveillance / Analytic platform will be an added advantage. E.g. SAS
- A quick learner, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Finance and regulatory industry experiences is a plus.
- Prefer to have experience in Market Data Surveillance but not a must.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- With a strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity.
Please quote the reference and apply by 27 May 2022 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.