Duties & Responsibilities:
We are now seeking candidates for the Manager position in the Enforcement Division (Surveillance - Market Misconduct Team). This is a good opportunity for you to join our team of professionals in the Enforcement Division of the SFC. The Enforcement Division investigates and combats market and listed company crimes and investigates intermediary misconduct cases. These investigations are intellectually challenging and crucial to Hong Kong’s status as an international financial centre.
You will be part of the team responsible for the market surveillance functions of the Commission which includes:
- Monitoring the trading activities on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Futures Exchange with a view to detecting possible market misconducts.
- Conducting preliminary inquiries and compiling inquiry reports in relation to possible cases of market misconduct (e.g. market manipulation and insider dealing) and to determine appropriate follow up actions.
- Working with experienced staff and the technology team to define, prioritize and drive initiatives to enhance the data analytics capabilities of the market surveillance function.
- Monitoring the media with regard to announcements and articles concerning public listed companies and the markets in general, with a view to enhancing market intelligence.
- Self-motivated and able to proactively manage and drive case assessment and projects forward.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey ideas and concepts succinctly.
- Strong numerical/analytical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- University degree in finance or business preferred. IT knowledge is an advantage.
- Prior working experience in finance or banking industry a plus.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua is an advantage.
Please quote the reference and apply by 15 July 2022 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.