The newly created Executive Director position reflects the importance of the role in contributing to the SFC’s ability to deliver successful regulatory outcomes. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as a board member of the Commission, the key responsibilities of the Executive Director are:
- To take full management responsibility for the work of the Legal Services Division.
- To participate in policy formulation and collective decision making as a member of the SFC’s Executive Committee and the Board.
- To provide legal and strategic advice to the Executive Committee and the Board.
- To plan and develop people, resources and processes for the Division.
- To maintain and enhance effective communication within the SFC as well as with the key external stakeholders, including relevant Government Departments and agencies in the Hong Kong SAR and Mainland China, overseas regulatory bodies and market participants.
- Qualification to practise as a barrister or solicitor, with extensive post-qualification experience (at least 15 years) in legal practice or related regulatory/government bodies;
- Extensive experience in providing sound and strategic advice at senior management or the board level;
- The ability to supervise complex litigation, administrative appeals, judicial reviews and legislative drafting work;
- Ability to work with Mainland agencies and regulators in relation to legal-related matters;
- Ability to articulate and advise on legal matters in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Proven resources management, people development and leadership skills; and
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Please quote the reference and apply by 25 September 2020 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Mr Harry O'Neill, Heidrick & Struggles, Suite 3005, One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong ;
or by email to email@example.com
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 11 Sep 2020