Assistant Manager - Enforcement (Surveillance - Market Misconduct Team)
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be part of the team responsible for the market surveillance functions of the Commission which include:
- Monitoring the trading activities on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Futures Exchange with a view to detecting possible market misconducts.
- Conducting preliminary inquiries and compiling inquiry reports in relation to possible cases of market misconducts (e.g. market manipulation and insider dealing) and to determine appropriate follow up actions.
- Working with experienced staff and the technology team to define, prioritize and drive initiatives to enhance the data analytics capabilities of the market surveillance function.
- Monitoring the media in regard to announcements and articles concerning public listed companies and markets in general with a view to enhancing market intelligence.
- Self-motivated and able to proactively manage and drive case assessment and projects forward.
- Strong communication skill and able to convey ideas and concepts succinctly.
- Strong numerical/analytical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- University degree in finance or business preferred. IT knowledge is an advantage.
- Prior working experience in finance or banking industry a plus.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Knowledge of Putonghua is an advantage.
Please quote the reference and apply by 20 November 2020 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 6 Nov 2020