This position offers the successful applicant an excellent opportunity to join the Press Office which is responsible for formulating and implementing media strategies to promote the SFC’s policies and actions; devising core messages to articulate the SFC’s position on regulatory issues to enable the public to better understand the importance of the SFC’s role in protecting investors and upholding market integrity.
Reporting to the Director of Press Office and working closely with other members of the team, primary responsibilities include:
- Preparing daily news updates for internal distribution;
- Drafting and editing press releases and other media-related materials;
- Identifying current and emerging issues relevant to the SFC through media monitoring and analysis;
- Handling media enquiries and assisting the team in disseminating responses directed at media stakeholders in an efficient and effective manner; and
- Organising press conferences, interviews and other media events.
- Sound knowledge of the Hong Kong financial market, including strong interest in gaining an appreciation of Hong Kong’s regulatory framework for the financial services industry.
- A good understanding of the operation of media organizations and an aptitude for “news sense”; previous journalistic experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills, including high proficiency in writing and editing skills in both English and Chinese, and fluency in Putonghua is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a good team player and above all, a high degree of personal integrity.
- Inquisitive, meticulous, adaptable and amenable to working outside normal business hours.
Candidates with less experience may be considered for the position of Assistant Manager.
Please quote the reference and apply by 26 March 2021 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 18 Feb 2021