We are currently looking for a high calibre candidate to join as Manager of Intermediaries Supervision Department and work in the anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CFT) team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to an Associate Director or Senior Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out a varied and challenging range of work that mainly include:
- Gather, collate and evaluate relevant information to monitor the money laundering and terrorist financing risk profile of individual licensed intermediaries and emerging trends in the financial sector;
- Conduct risk-based on-site inspections and off-site reviews to review licensed intermediaries’ compliance with AML/CFT requirements and recommend any required remedial actions;
- Assist in updating the AML/CFT requirements and guidance for licensed intermediaries to keep pace with international standards and market developments;
- Support other ad hoc projects and engagements on AML/CFT supervision and outreach to licensed intermediaries.
Through daily operational duties and other ad hoc assignments, you will gain valuable exposure to senior personnel in the industry participants and regulatory authorities.
To be successful in this role,
- You should have at least 5 years of solid and relevant working experience as well as sound knowledge of AML/CFT law and regulations gained within a financial institution/professional firm/regulatory authority.
- You should have a university degree or professional qualification preferably in Accounting/Economics/Finance/Law.
- You must be assertive and a proactive team player with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work under pressure.
- Strong command of spoken and written English and Chinese is required, with proficiency in Putonghua a plus.
- A strong sense of responsibility and impeccable integrity is essential.
Please quote the reference and apply by 20 August 2021 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 6 Aug 2021