Duties & Responsibilities:
The Communications Team in the Chief Executive Officer’s Office is responsible for developing and implementing strategic initiatives to heighten public understanding of the SFC’s work and build the organisation’s reputation as a globally respected and influential regulator using the full spectrum of communication channels, including social media.
Reporting to a Director of Communications, your primary responsibilities would include:
- Copywrite and edit communication materials in a variety of tones and styles, including annual and quarterly reports, press releases, industry newsletters and social media posts.
- Draft speeches, articles, lines-to-take and other communications for the Chairman and CEO.
- Ensure that external communications meet agreed standards of clarity, readability and consistency.
- Establish relationships and engage with both internal and external stakeholders effectively.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in communications, writing, research or editing, preferably in the financial industry or the public sector.
- Sound knowledge of Hong Kong’s financial market and its regulatory framework for the financial services industry.
- Excellent communication skills, including a strong command of written English and Chinese. Proficiency in Putonghua is an added advantage.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- A good team player, well-organised and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
Please quote the reference and apply by 24 December 2021 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 10 Dec 2021