We are looking for a high calibre candidate to join as a senior manager who will be responsible for formulating and implementing the supervisory technology (Suptech) for the Division.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Leading a team of specialists and reporting to the Head of Suptech of Intermediaries Supervision, Intermediaries Division, you will carry out the following responsibilities, which include:
- Leading and performing cybersecurity thematic review, reviewing and enhancing the existing rules and requirements on cybersecurity
- Coordinating all existing IT/ data related projects of the Division, initiating new projects and engaging external consultants as appropriate for enhancing off-site monitoring and on-site inspection, for example, generation or acquisition of additional data to better meet regulatory objectives; digitization of work-streams to increase operational efficiency
- Identifying gaps and data needs in partnership with other teams of the Division, designing a roadmap for enhancing the collection of data, establishing a data management strategy and working together with the IT Department to implement the technical infrastructure needed to support data management and analytics work
- Implementing process to improve and manage data quality issues and designing data analytics solutions making use of appropriate platform and analytical tools and visualisation (dashboard, report, alert, etc.) to meet the Division’s needs and help to improve work efficiency
- Continually enhancing business analysis solutions to address the Division’s needs as market and regulations change
- Collaborating with other Commission staff (in particular, the IT Department) to achieve synergy when ensuring consistency with the Commission-wide data governance and architecture
- Representing the SFC in engaging various local and overseas stakeholders in Suptech/ Fintech related developments
- Providing ongoing guidance and training to Division’s staff, including developing procedural manuals for non-technical staff that are easy to understand and follow
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Hold a degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Data Science, or other related fields
- Have at least 10 years of relevant experience in the IT industry with focus on cybersecurity, business intelligence and data analytics, preferably in banking or securities sector
- Have IT audit or IT security consulting experience
- Have strong organisational and project management skills
- Be proactive, analytical, alert to potential problems and resourceful in making well-considered suggestions
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and result-oriented
- Have knowledge of big data technologies such as machine learning Map/Reduce, Hadoop and Spark and analytical tools such as SAS, R, Python or Power BI would be an advantage.
Please quote the reference and apply by 19 August 2022 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 5 Aug 2022