The Fintech unit of the Licensing Department is seeking an experienced professional to support its work relating to virtual assets.
Reporting to the Director of Licensing and Head of Fintech unit, you will be part of a team to assess virtual asset-related licensing applications and formulate regulatory policy regarding virtual asset activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess licensing applications by virtual asset trading platform operators, virtual asset fund managers and applications involving other virtual asset-related activities with a particular emphasis from a technology perspective;
- Evaluate key business drivers of the virtual asset and Fintech sector to feed into regulatory policy formulation and stakeholder engagement
- Proactively monitor developments in the rapidly evolving virtual asset and Fintech space, identify market-wide, industry and firm-specific risk issues and assess their impact on intermediaries and other market participants in the virtual asset and Fintech space;
- Formulate regulatory responses and policy initiatives to address key issues identified and support the healthy development of the virtual asset and Fintech industry with particular input from a technology angle; and
- Engage and provide support to senior management in engaging with stakeholders in relation to virtual asset-related regulatory issues.
- A university degree in information technology, computer science or other related fields; at least 10 years’ experience in the information technology industry, preferably in the fintech sector;
- Previous experience in, and in-depth understanding of, the blockchain technology underlying virtual assets and proficiency with cryptographic techniques, with a solid understanding of the technical drivers of the virtual asset ecosystem,
- Experience as a pre-sales engineer of blockchain products would be an advantage;
- Practical experience of virtual asset trading, custody or payments is also an advantage;
- Excellent ability to communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders; and
- Is well organized and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
Applicants with less experience will be considered for the position of Manager.
Please quote the reference and apply by 26 August 2022 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 12 Aug 2022