Reporting to the General Manager and leading the Investor Education and Communications team, the purpose of this position is to champion investor education and oversee IFEC’s corporate communications and public relations activities to drive investor and financial education progress in Hong Kong, effectively delivering priorities established in IFEC’s business strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Hong Kong Financial Literacy Strategy and formulate the inclusion of investor education into the strategy to achieve IFEC’s business objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of public investor education programmes, keeping the public abreast on the latest trends and happenings on the retail investment market in Hong Kong.
- Keep track of the retail investment market and regulatory developments to identify communication needs on an ongoing basis through close collaboration with financial regulators and public bodies.
- Develop, manage and evaluate targeted education communication programmes in a bid to create meaningful user experience with clear impact measurement matrix.
- Review, enhance and promote IFEC’s existing investor education communications and resources to attract more visitors and users with sustainable usage.
- Explore mutually beneficial collaboration opportunities with stakeholders including financial regulators, market and industry associations, and the mass media for effective and efficient delivery of our education campaigns.
- Manage and supervise the development and production of IFEC’s publications, including annual report, press release, factsheet and newsletter.
- Oversee and manage all corporate communications and public relations activities and events for the IFEC to ensure all communications are clear, accurate and consistent, with all organized activities and events to be in line with the IFEC’s branding and positioning.
- Provide communications support to the IFEC Chairman, General Manager and Board members on IFEC related events, public relations, and media engagement activities.
- Lead the team to oversee and monitor media and public enquiries to ensure all enquiries are handled appropriately on a timely basis.
- Cultivate a collaborative and progressive team culture through providing effective coaching and support to team members.
- Oversee and manage the approved programme budget to ensure alignment with the approval criteria and internal guidelines and standards.
- Extensive experience in corporate communications and public relations, preferably in the financial industry, with in-depth knowledge on investment products and services; or related experience in investor education.
- A degree holder in a relevant discipline such as communications, journalism, marketing, business or Chinese / English language.
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience in the banking or financial services industry in corporate communications, investor relations, marketing or investor education related field.
- Good understanding of the investor and financial education needs and trends, and its development both in Hong Kong and globally.
- Proven successful track record in leading corporate communications or investor relations team an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Chinese and English.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Solid network with media and relevant stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness and project management skills.
- Change driver with good time management skills.
- A mature, independent team player and an experienced people manager.
Please quote the reference and apply by 24 December 2021 with details of qualifications, previous experience, current and expected salary to:
Securities & Futures Commission
54/F, One Island East,
18 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
(E-mail address : email@example.com)
All applications will be handled in strict confidence by authorised personnel and will only be used for recruitment related purposes. Applicants who do not hear from us within six months from the application deadline may consider their applications as unsuccessful. All information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed after six months.
We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Last update: 10 Dec 2021