To reflect the diverse interests of various market participants, external committees are made up of a variety of stakeholders in Hong Kong's markets. The committees fall into two categories, namely advisory and regulatory, and play a significant role in the SFC's governance.
The Advisory Committee was established under the Securities and Futures Ordinance to offer insight and advice on policy issues. It is chaired by our Chairman and comprises the CEO and not more than two other EDs, as well as a majority of external representatives appointed by the Financial Secretary under the authority delegated by the HKSAR Chief Executive.
Regulatory committees and nominations committee
These are SFC-established committees specialising in particular regulatory areas, eg, market supervision, investment products, and public shareholders' rights and interests. Members are appointed by the Board and include NEDs, EDs and a large external representation.
- Academic and Accreditation Advisory Committee
- Committee on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Disciplinary Chair Committee
- Investor Compensation Fund Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Products Advisory Committee
- Public Shareholders Group
- Securities Compensation Fund Committee
- SFC (HKEC Listing) Appeals Committee
- SFC (HKEC Listing) Committee
- SFC Dual Filing Advisory Group
- Share Registrars’ Disciplinary Appeals Committee
- Share Registrars’ Disciplinary Committee
- Takeovers and Mergers Panel
- Takeovers Appeal Committee