To reflect the diverse views of various market participants, external committees are made up of a variety of stakeholders in Hong Kong's markets. The committees fall into two categories – advisory and regulatory – and play a significant role in the governance of the SFC.
The Advisory Committee was established under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO) to offer insight and advice on policy matters related to the performance of the SFC's functions. It is chaired by our Chairman and comprises the CEO and not more than two other EDs, as well as a majority of external representatives appointed by the Financial Secretary under the authority delegated by the HKSAR Chief Executive.
Regulatory committees and nominations committee
Also set up under the SFO, these committees specialise in specific regulatory areas, eg, investment products, takeovers and mergers and the rights and interests of shareholders. Members are appointed by the Board and include NEDs, EDs and a large external representation.
- Academic and Accreditation Advisory Committee
- Committee on Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Disciplinary Chair Committee
- Investor Compensation Fund Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Products Advisory Committee
- Public Shareholders Group
- Securities Compensation Fund Committee
- SFC (HKEC Listing) Committee
- SFC (HKEC Listing) Appeals Committee
- Share Registrars’ Disciplinary Committee
- Share Registrars’ Disciplinary Appeals Committee
- Takeovers and Mergers Panel
- Takeovers Appeal Committee
Last update: 15 Jan 2020